Nomination and Elections
Please consider volunteering and serving on the CPAA Board of Directors!
CPAA is a diverse group of professionals and elected officials coming together to share, promote and facilitate productive conversation about community planning in Alberta. By being a member, you and your colleagues are part of that exchange of information that connects stakeholders across sectors to preserve and enhance the quality of life and community viability.
Call for Nominations
The CPAA Nominating Committee is tasked with the duty of presenting the membership with a slate of nominees for vacant positions on the Board of Directors, and the Committee is actively recruiting potential volunteers at this time.
There are five (5) vacant positions to fill:
Four (4) Director positions for the 2022-2025 term (three year term)
One (1) Director vacancy in the 2020-2023 term (1 year)
Nominations are due to the CPAA nominating Committee no later than April 18, 2022. In the event that there are more nominees than positions available an election will be held on May 3, 2022 at the CPAA Annual General Meeting.
Nomination Process and Requirements
If you are interested in running for a position and or if you would like additional information about serving on the CPAA Board of Directors, please contact the CPAA Office.
Members in good standing, may self-nominate or be nominated by others to serve on the board.
All nominees for Directors must submit the Nomination Form signed by two members, neither of whom may be the individual nominated, before the call for nominations closes.
All nominations must be filed with the Nominating Committee on or before April 18, 2022.
Nominations may be submitted by email to [email protected] Attention: CPAA Nominating Committee.
Thank you for your attention and participation in the governance of our association.
CPAA Nominating Committee
For more information please contact a member of the CPAA Nominating Committee:
- Hilary Janzen, Lethbridge County [email protected]
- Elisa Brosseau, Town of Bonnyville [email protected]
- Nick Lapp, County of Grande Prairie [email protected]
- Nick Pryce, V3 Group of Companies [email protected]
- Cody Lowry, Chandos [email protected]
CPAA and Board of Directors Information
CPAA is a Registered Charity and our Purposes are:
- To advance education by providing education sessions and conferences to residents of Alberta on community planning:
- To advance education by providing scholarships to students pursuing a post-secondary education in community planning and:
- To do such other things as are ancillary and incidental to achieving the above purposes.
CPAA is also a registered Society in Alberta.
- There are approximately six (6) Board of Director Meeting through the year, all Board members are expected to attend and participate.
- The 2022 2022 CPAA Strategic Retreat will be scheduled for a weekend in late June 2022 (in-person or virtually).
A Travel Expenses Claim Form for attendance at Board Meetings and contains the current allowances for various categories of expenses. Mileage and receipted expenses are covered. Accommodations will also be covered based on travel time.