2023 Conference Call for Presentations
Call for Presentations
Deadline to submit: January 15, 2023.
Questions? Email the Chair of the 2023 Conference Committee, Geoff Tiffin, [email protected]
Three easy steps to submitting your proposal:
1. Read this page for Call for Presentations information and instructions.
Details click here.
2. Click the “Submit Proposal” button below.
3. Complete the Call for Presentations Form.
Everyone has a story to tell, and your planning peers want to hear yours! We are looking for presenters’ with new perspectives, solid best practices, and/or innovative twists to topics that relate to community planning and the successes and challenges that are encountered.
What are we looking for?
Potential Presentation Topics Include:
• From Planner to Politician – perspectives from someone who’s crossed over
• Planning and Power
• Limits to planning and political authority
• Setting the agenda – how planning can support strategic
• Rural economic development and community building
• Planning in the rural environment
• Planning in low growth communities
• Engagement at the far end of the spectrum –
Collaboration and Empowerment
• Your municipal planning framework – What is it? Why is it important? When and how can it be changed?
• Community change – Setting a framework or proactive action – what is a municipality to do?
• Knowledge is power – information that improves planning processes and where to get it.
What is the format?
The conference program will include a mix of plenary and concurrent sessions that are designed to appeal to a variety of learning styles and cover a wide range of topics. Sessions may include panel discussions, workshops, mobile tours, and training sessions. Innovative approaches to presentations are encouraged.
All correspondence about your submission(s) will be sent to the email address you list on the form. This may be a personal email address or business but ensure it is a trusted email address in your account. You will receive notification of submission via email.